At Pain Relief Centers, we help patients seeking pain management solutions in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Manatee/Sarasota. We make finding relief convenient no matter where you are located in the bay area.
Our pain relief centers of Tampa Bay seek to help patients improve their overall quality of life by:
- Increasing physical function
- Reducing stress, which aggravates pain
- Helping them return to work, hobbies and other healthy activities
- Offering everyday pain management strategies to address flare-ups and ongoing pain
Our physicians have extensive experience in treating a variety of chronic pain issues. We want to work with you to discover the cause and source of your pain, and determine what treatment or combination of treatments will best address it.
Pain Conditions Treated at Sun City Center
The first step, as in any medical treatment plan, is discovering what the cause and source of your pain may be. This depends not only on your health history, but also looking at the areas of the body that feel pain, and what kind of pain it is. Tingling, aching, sharp, stabbing, and spasms are all common descriptors of pain, and can indicate different issues. We have the latest medical technology to carefully and successfully diagnose each individual’s pain cause. This helps us quickly arrive at a solution that works best for you.
The most common areas to experience chronic pain are the back, neck, and limbs as a result of muscle or nerve injury. Around 84 percent of adults in the U.S. will experience chronic back pain at some point in their lifetime, whether as a result of injury, illness, or age. Whatever the cause, this type of chronic pain has the potential to seriously affect your mobility and disrupt your everyday life, especially if left untreated.
Persistent pain in the back, neck, or legs means you should consult with a pain management specialist as soon as possible to prevent further damage and reduce the risk of lifelong lowered mobility. Some common conditions that this kind of pain could signify include:
- Sciatica – This condition causes shooting pain down one leg because the sciatic nerve (located in the lower back and down the legs) is compressed.
- Slipped or bulging discs – The discs that sit between the vertebrae of the spine serve as cushioning between the bones. They become more rigid with age and are more vulnerable to slipping out of place, rupturing, becoming misshaped, or otherwise deteriorating, damaging the spinal nerves around them.
- Arthritis – Continuous pain in the joints is a common symptom of arthritis, which can occur at any age but is far more common in older adults. Arthritis decreases range of motion and causes stiffness swelling in the joints. If left untreated, it can cause more permanent damage.
Persistent back pain can also be a symptom of a spinal disorder. These don’t always require surgical intervention. Our pain management doctors also offer minimally invasive solutions to treat your pain without the risks and long recovery time of open-back surgery.
Examples of spinal disorders we treat include:
- Spondylolisthesis – This is caused when a vertebra slips out of place and onto the vertebra below it. This can press directly on a spinal nerve or crowd it, causing severe pain in the back and/or legs.
- Bone spurs – These are small outgrowths of bone along edges. They often form in the joints and spine, and may cause no symptoms at all. But for some, they can interfere with the spinal cord or nerves.
- Degenerative scoliosis – This is also called “adult-onset scoliosis,” and is caused when joints and discs in the spine begin to degrade, causing the spine to curve and damage nerves.
We also treat degenerative disc disease, pain from cancers of the spine and nerve damage, failed back surgery syndrome, and many other conditions.
With so many potential causes of chronic pain, it can feel intimidating to get help. But at Pain Relief Centers, we offer a wide range of treatments to address many chronic pain issues.
Treatments Available at Our Pain Relief Centers of Tampa
Dr. Thanh Le, Dr. Hector Cases, Dr. John Kevyn Otero, Dr. Robert Guirguis and our other board-certified physicians tailor treatments to each patient living with chronic pain according to his or her needs. This means that one person may only need physical therapy exercises to practice, another may need a surgical procedure, and still another may need carefully managed medication therapy.
Our St. Petersburg Pain Management experts are here to determine which of the many available treatments can be used to help you address chronic pain and discomfort. Examples of some of the treatments we may offer include:
- Sympathetic nerve block – Patients whose sympathetic nervous system is compromised may experience burning, aching, throbbing or other forms of pain in their extremities. The sympathetic nerve block procedure involves the injection of anesthesia, using x-ray guidance, directly into the areas causing pain. In many cases it provides near instant relief that lasts for a long period of time.
- Radiofrequency ablation – Chronic pain in the lumbar (lower) back and neck can be treated with a procedure known as radiofrequency ablation, also known as rhizotomy. This procedure uses a radiofrequency lesion to prevent pain-causing nerves from sending pain signals to the brain. It’s especially ideal because it doesn’t interrupt the joint’s mobility, and it can offer pain relief for up to a year.
- Regenerative medicine – Regenerative procedures provide healing without surgery. Instead, they simply jumpstart your body’s natural healing processes. Stem cell therapy and platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy are considered safe and effective ways of treating conditions like ACL injuries, knee pain, back pain and more.
These are only some of the many treatments we do every day. We offer many other diagnostic procedures to help pinpoint the source of your pain, and once we’ve determined the cause of your discomfort, together we will choose which procedures make the most sense for your treatment. Most are minimally invasive and require little recovery time. We’re confident that we can find the right choice for you.
Pain Relief Centers – The Right Choice
We recognize that people experience chronic pain differently. Pain Relief Centers bring knowledge and strategies from diverse medical fields to create a personalized treatment plan.
Contact us today to request a consultation with a physician about your chronic pain. We treat both local and out-of-state patients using a state-of-the-art approach, and we offer same-day appointments in case your pain is particularly urgent. Medicare and most insurance is accepted at our practices. Give us a call today to get started.